Since the NSA is reading everything I write, this is The List. If our Government needs someone wacked, buy me a Warehouse, someplace secluded, near Wilmington, NC, and park one of Each in it for me. Licensed and Insured for Life, and I’ll go Terminator on any target in any country:
10. Porsche Cayman S. Probably Porsche’s best sports car they have ever made.
9. Cadillac CTS-V. Cadillac’s middle finger to BMW. It’s beautiful, powerful, handles like a tactical weapon, and the only downsides according to Top Gear is that it’s not British.
8. Ford F-150 4 Door RAPTOR. Because brute force needs to be all terrain sometimes.
7. Mazda Mazdaspeed3. The 2.5 Liter version, with a manual. I like the Hot Hatch category of cars, and remember with fondness the VW GTI I once had. However the new Golf GTI’s are sad and don’t have that edgy seat of the pants feel. The Mazdaspeed3 does. I think it’s the best looking of the hot hatch bunch too.
6. Land Rover’s Range Rover Sport, with a Supercharged 510-hp 5.0-liter V-8. It does everything very well, it’s fast, and it looks down it’s nose at all other SUV’s. And it’s one of the coolest looking SUV’s I’ve ever seen.
5. Audi RS7. The straight up pissed off version of the A7. Twin Turbo, V-8 in the most powerful sedan Audi will let us Americans buy. And it’s the best looking Audi I’ve ever seen. I saw one in Wilmington and it was like a vision of power and glory. It slid past me on the highway like it was a shark on land.
4. Ford Mustang GT500. Part of me has always loved the Mustang’s looks. I find faults with them as well, some faults I’ve not been able to overcome, but the latest GT500 cross the line and it’s become one of those cars that has to go on this list. Steven McQueen would have this car.
3. Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT. Because Hemi. It’s a Hot Rod. Its fast and angry and sexy as hell and apologetically so.
2. Subaru BRZ. One of the most True Sports Cars ever made. I would have to have an extra 10 grand for upgrades, because it has a lot of potential that is waiting to be tapped.
1. The Corvette Stingray. I’ve always disliked the Corvettes for one reason or another. But the latest Stingray just does everything so Spot On. It’s performance and styling are on point, but more than any other Vette, the interior is done right now too. If you could image sitting in a Space Fighter – that’s the Vette. The dream of the Flying Cars in the 50’s is realized in the Stingray.
It’s really hard to do JUST a Top 10. So I’m going to add a couple that are default and not negotiable.
Chevy SS. Basically an imported Holden from Oz. Nothing wrong with that is the formula works. Simple car, huge engine. This is the modern iteration of the classic Muscle Car, done well. I love the new 2014 Impala, but it lacks the vigor that the name plate should have. This however, has some of the same styling touches that I liked about the Impala, used those and then stuffed it with power, insanity, and malice. This car should be a Police Car is about 4 months from now… It has more room than the popular Chargers which actually make for very poor police cars due to the lack of room inside. Ford’s SHO is nice, but it’s front wheel drive. The SS just might be the last of the big american V-8 up front, turning the wheels at the back… The last of the American Muscle Cars.
A Unimog. In a 4 Door van configuration. Like this, for example. This would probably be my Zombi Apocalypse rig. Able to roll over and through just about anything out there. Just the big “frankly my dear, I don’t give a damn” approach to any situation that doesn’t require going fast. It’s available in just about any configuration, for any job that has you going away from pavement. Or rational thought. It’s the AK-47 of Trucks.