Beretta has announced that the US Army is set for the M9 for another 5 years and has ordered another hundred thousand M9 handguns.
So there you go… No new Army handgun for some time to come. Sorry guys.
Of course, the M9 isn’t all that bad, when running off of good Beretta made magazines. It’s full sized frame makes it controllable, confidence inspiring, and it’s both accurate and reliable… again, when running off factory mags and not after market. Of course, my problem isn’t the gun, but the chosen caliber. Maybe we can get an upgrade kit and make them all .40′s at least? No? Oh well. The 9mm has done a good job with what it’s had to deal with. The problem though is that the US Military has to use FMJ ammunition, where as we can run good JHP’s if we like. If the Military could use some good old Hollow Points, then I think the complaints about stopping power would diminish greatly.
If not HP’s, then how about EFMJ’s? Expanding Full Metal Jackets. They look like regular Ball ammo but expand on impact.
EDIT: Okay, okay… It’s my fault. I just got a Beretta 92 and all the Generals at the Pentagon are like “Ogre went with the M9? Order 10 thousand more! No, Scratch that! Make it 100 Thousand!” Then they all pulled out Cigars, slapped each other on the backs, and went back to telling Golf stories while the Marine General looked smug and quietly swirled his brandy knowing the Marines just bought a bunch of 1911′s for their Boys.
Yes, the DOD totally works on my recommendations:
1. Build more F-22 Raptors.
2. Build new M1 Battle Tanks.
3. Build new A-10′s.
4. Buy a shit ton of the Remington ACR’s chambered in 6.8SPC, with suppressors to match, roll these out to everyone with an 11 Series MOS first, other MOS’s can get them later.
5. M9′s for everyone in Uniform.
6. That uniform will be some form of Multicam.
7. Anyone in Uniform with the nickname “SOAP” will be put on permanent KP duty.
8. The Army will bring back the original WWII Jeeps with modern upgrades to engine, suspension, and coms…. but they will be the same size and weight as the originals, and they will look the same… because they were badass.
9. Sergeants will be allowed to tell off Second Lieutenants. “Sir, that’s a real fucking stupid idea… Sir.”
10. Have a fighter pilot mistake Nancy Pelosi’s plane as a Drone Target. OOPS!!!